ERA: Latest Developments on the EU Unitary Patent
20-11-2013 to 26-11-2013
Date: 25-26 November 2013
After agreement on a Unified Patent Court in February, the European Commission on Monday 29 July 2013 proposed to change legislation on the jurisdiction of courts and recognition of judgements – the so-called Brussels I Regulation. The proposal aims to ensure compliance between the future Patent Court and the Brussels I Regulation. More information
The conference “Latest Developments on the EU Unitary Patent” organised by ERA on 25-26 November 2013 in Brussels will discuss the latest developments in the introduction of the unitary system of patent protection in the EU.
• Update on the ratification process and work of the Preparatory Committee
• Update on the work of the Select Committee
• Rules of Procedure under preparation
• Transitional period with opt-out
• Alignment with the Brussels I Regulation
Practical recommendations on best tactics
• What territorial scope of protection to choose when filing a patent?
• Opt in or opt out?
• Before which division to litigate?
• Is bifurcation always the best option?
Patent attorneys, lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel and other practitioners of law dealing with patent law and industrial property law.
Click here for further information and online registration >>>