Membership in the Chamber of Advocates is open to all advocates warranted to practice law in Malta.
The annual membership fee is valid from 1st January to 31st December.
Benefits of becoming a member of the Chamber
- Professional Solidarity
- Representation by a professional association that seeks to promote the interests of the profession;
- The facility to consult the Chamber on professional ethics issues;
- The use of the premises administered by the Chamber of Advocates and facilities at the said premises including a designated Business Centre, use of computers, as well as printing and photocopying services.
- Option of a locker (subject to availability and at a fee);
- Loan of togas for use in an emergency;
- Use of smoking room;
- Snack and beverage vending machines;
- Special rates for seminars, conferences and social events organised by the Chamber of Advocates;
- Access to meeting cubicles (when available) located outside the Chamber premises;
- Display of personal contact details on the Chamber’s website;
- European Link of advocate contact details through the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) https://e-justice.europa.eu/home.do enabling personal contact details to be visible worldwide through “Find-a-Lawyer”;
Membership is automatically renewed annually unless the Chamber is advised in writing to the contrary, not later than 30th November of the last paid membership fee.
Click to download the membership application form: